Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Art Loop was great, now its time to pack

The Loomis Art Loop Open Studio tour was a great weekend, but now it is over and so time for this sunflower painting to go the the gallery. I hung it today in my studio in the back of Elliott Fouts Gallery, and it will soon be on his website. Loomis Art Loop is an annual Mother's Day event here in the Loomis Basin where my home studio is located. We think we had around 200 visitors, and 3 original paintings went home to live with new owners. Loads of prints and cards also went to new homes which is always gratifying as it shows that people like my paintings.

Now I am racing around trying to get ready to leave for a painting trip to Italy and then to teach a painting workshop put on by the wonderful small group tour company called "French Escapade" in the French Alps.

I plan to blog as I travel, posting photos and paintings as go, so stay tuned here!

This painting is called "Radient" it is a watercolor image size 18" x 24" princed at $850. framed.
Inquiries to Elliott Fouts Gallery 916-736-1429.

1 comment:

David Lobenberg said...

Love it. Great perspective and colors. Sandy...you need to go to my blog and others and make comments if you want people to come to your blog. That's one of the ways ya get around. You need more people outside of the area to see your work.