The Gift Amaryllis, my newest painting in my floral oils series.
Happy New Year Everyone
It’s time for making resolutions, here are my “Art Resolutions”. I would love to hear resolutions from other artists, please add them in the comment section below.
1. Continue to have fun painting, by painting what I want to paint. I find my best work is created when I am most passionate about my subject, and process.
2. Create a body of new work worthy of a one or two person gallery show by the end of 2011.
3. Make painting time, not just “paint when I get a chance”, as I often hear my students say.
4. Keep my current gallery supplied with new work and search for a second gallery beyond Northern California.
5. Continue to study ways to use technology to market my paintings and my workshops. Thanks to John Stanley for an excellent Photoshop class at the Placer School for Adults, it helped.
6. Check deadlines for competitions on the 15th and 30th of every month and get those entries in. You can’t win if you don’t enter.
7. Blog at least once a week.
8. Take at least one workshop or class this year to continue to add to my knowledge of painting.
9. Sharing all that I have learned with my students is fun and rewarding so I will continue to do that plus listen to their suggestions on how to improve my teaching skills.
I listened to my Sacramento area students when they complained that they had trouble finishing their paintings they start in my classes. They asked for more time in class so I changed my format from half day classes to a 2 day workshop. So far not many have signed up, so let’s hope that is what you all want! The schedule is on my website www.sandydelehanty.com.
10. Share my work by donating to causes that I support.
Now it is your turn.
Please share your Art Resolutions in the comment box below. Maybe we can all inspire each other.