Saturday, September 5, 2009

We have Arrived in Belgium

We have arrived in Belgium for our watercolor workshop with tour company French Escapade. Jackie is our guide, painting students are Linda, Margaret, Teresa, Catherine, Bonnie, and Sylvia. Sylvia's husband Bill is a photographer and will be creating a video of our adventure.

I enjoy teaching for French Escapade because in addition to learning painting techniques and have a lot of fun, Jackie makes sure we absorb the culture and learn about the people and their history. Our hotel is not in a big cityWe are on a working farm near a tiny village not far from Bruge. If you are envious of us, you can join me on my next trip with French Escapade in 2011. We have not chosen our destinatiobn for the 2011 trip, so please comment if you have a place you would like to go. In 2010 I will be taking my students to Cortona in Tuscany with a different tour company Toscana/Americana. All my painting trips are small group tours.



Our hotel, has a beautiful sitting room, dining conservatory, pool, sauna and lovely gardens. Jackie and Valery found a wonderful place for their tour groups.




The neighbors; the hotel is on a working farm.





My cute single bedroom, wy-fy, fridge, tv my own bathroom,Iam set.






Sylvia and Bill, she is sketching and he is already editing photos.









Bonnie painting in the lovely glass conservatory where meals are served.




Within an hour of our arrival, Margaret was already painting!








No comments: