Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunrise in a Balinese Market step 3

Now I have added the Winsor Yellow layer.

Following this layer I added a burnt sienna layer where necessary, completing the third ladie's face and all of thier hands. But I got busy and forgot to take anymore photos, sorry.

I continued work on the painting by repeating layers of each of the four colors as needed until I was happy with the values, colors and overall color harmony of the painting.

This method is very time consuming, especially since it has to dry thoroughly between layers. I have no idea how long it took me to complete this painting because I work on several paintings at once. Also, just to make my brain work harder, I have both oil and watercolor paintings going simultaniously. Its always an adventure in my studio!

No comments: