Monday, August 25, 2008

The Gang's All Here

The Gang's All Here is a whimsical painting created with ink and acrylic on gesso board. I got such a kick out of the way we would be driving down the road and look out at the bush and see nothing and then up pops the head of a giraffe above a tree. A closer look would find more giraffes, camouflaged by the bushes and trees. Their spots blended in with the leaves, their long legs looked like tree trunks , they were easy to miss until their heads popped up to take a bite of leaves out of a tree that was shorter than the giraffe.



I took advantage of the hard smooth surface of Ampersand Gessobord to work in permanent ink and washes of acrylic. It was fun. I think I will try this technique with some other subjects too. The painting is 10" high x 30" long and is for sale at $600. at Barton Gallery, 1723 I Street in Sacramento. The Hot African Nights show is up at the Barton Gallery until September 9. Gallery hours are 3:00pm to 9:00pm. Telephone is 916-443-4025, website http://http://www.sacartz.com/.



I leave to paint in Italy at the end of this week, and will be blogging as I go. To follow our journey type your email address in the subscribe blank on this blog and my posts will be delivered straight to your email.

No comments: