Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring has Sprung in the Loomis Basin

Spring has sprung in the Loomis Basin and it is beautiful! The late spring rains brought forth a bounty of flowers as you can see in this photo. (Our home is almost hidden by the spring growth!)

"April showers bring May flowers," and the perfect time for the artists of the Loomis Basin to open their studios and show the public what we have been creating all winter.

The sixth annual Loomis Art Loop Studio Tour will take place on Saturday May 9 and Sunday May 10, 2009, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm both days. Sunday is Mother's Day, so treat Mom, (or ask your kids to treat you!) to this wonderful art studio tour.

New at my studio this year: One stop, Two Artists! Julie Hirota will be joining me here at my home studio showing her contemporary textile murals and demonstrating her techniques. I will be showing my newest work, and have some older pieces sale priced. My demonstration this year will be watercolor painting on Aquabord, a clay coated hardboard that does not need to be framed under glass.

Here's a sneak peek





"Bali High"
watercolor on Aquabord
Sandy Delehanty

I will be demonstrating my techniques for painting watercolor on Aquabord.

"Reflections"
by Julie Hirota
Textile Mural


Julie will be demonstrating her textile techniques for our visitors.


To download your free Studio Tour Map and view photos and biographies of all 12 artists on the studio tour visit this website ttp://www.loomisartlooop.com. Hope to see you Saturday May 9 or Mother's Day May 10.

Sandy and Julie

No comments: